Sunday, September 19, 2010

Jeremiah & Ashleigh {first comes love}

growing up with a brother is a special blessing from God. I feel as though God out did himself by giving me 6 of the most AMAZING guys on the planet to call "brother".

when i was toddling around the house, learning how to talk in full sentences, God gave me a really neat gift. My 16month old self didn't know it then, but that little bundle of blue would grow up to be my best friend. Growing up with Jeremiah was a treat. I am pretty sure after i showed him the ropes of how to be a toddler and how to tie his shoes, he took over and i never taught him anything again, but willingly let me take the "older" role and teach me SO much! He knew how to dribble a basketball and taught me how. He knew how to "ford the river" on OT2 without drowning, and showed me the secret. He took German with me at the community college so i would have someone to study with. Although i am sure he was rolling his eyes and laughing on the inside he lovingly explained to me who Ann Coulter was when i asked.

One night he called me and needed "romantic" advice... he was planning a proposal and needed some "girly" input... after we squared away a few ideas and i squealed with delight, he reassured me that my time was coming... as if i wasn't thrilled about him being the first Diacogiannis heading to the chapel!!! Yeah right! He may be my "little" brother, but by now i am pretty used to the fact that he paves the road ahead of me and i try to walk it out behind him just as brilliantly!

i love you Jeremiah David!
Ashleigh, i'm STOKED that you are the number 2 girl in his life ;)



2 comments:

Laurel said...

Great post!

Adorable pics!


mama :)

Tina Michelle said...

awwwwwww how freakin adorable!! Love the pics and the description of your bro ;)